I am a classical composer and would like to submit my original compositions to be considered for publication.
G. Schirmer will only review a small amount of unsolicited submissions of original concert music by classical composers. Please understand that because of existing commitments, we rarely publish unsolicited works.
Before you submit your work, please note the following:
1. We will not return submitted materials without a self-addressed stamped envelope (large enough to return your materials).
Please do not send original manuscripts or any other irreplaceable materials.
2. We will not give technical or artistic critique of your submitted materials.
3. Submitted materials must be legibly prepared in a performable format. Illegible and/or disorganized submissions will not be reviewed.
4. Any unsolicited work that is accepted will require assignment of the work's copyright to G. Schirmer/AMP.
5. Schirmer will not review arrangements or method/educational projects. (To obtain permission to arrange a G. Schirmer/AMP work, please go here)
To be eligible for review, you must include:
1. Up to four of your most significant pieces. At least one (preferably two) of your submissions should be a large-scale work that highlights your ability to write for orchestra and/or opera. Concert music for small ensembles or solo instruments may be included.Address submissions to:
2. A printed score for each work. We will not review computer files.
3. A studio or live CD recording for each work (if available) — if you wish to have a particular section represented, clearly mark the section in the score and provide us with the proper time stamp. We do not accept MIDI or cassette recordings.
4. Biographical/career information, reviews, and other relevant information such as forthcoming projects and performances.
G. Schirmer, Inc.
180 Madison Avenue, 24th floor
New York, NY 10016
Please understand that we cannot respond to any inquiries regarding submissions.
Return To FAQs